Friday, October 11, 2013

Ombre Hair!

I know you’re probably thinking “Ew Maria, ombre hair is so out,” but I had to give it a try since it's Fall and everything! One of my friends was going to do her hair one night, so we went to Target and bought L'oreal Feria Wild Ombre 060. Then I decided to try it out too since I was getting tired of my grown out highlights and the package was only like 12 bucks! So we got to her house and did it ourselves. It was super easy. We just mixed everything together and started from underneath and worked our way up to the top layer. We did NOT use the comb to brush it through like the instructions said. Word of advice: a lot of celebrities work it up a little too far and it just looks bad. Try to go to around the chin area, not higher than that. Also, USE GLOVES!!! Anyway, here’s how it went:


 
L'Oreal Feria Wild Ombre


 
 

Here's my before picture! Notice the bottom is dark.

 



Just a side view of my hair! Love it!


Anyway, I noticed it looks a lot better when I curl it, but it also looks good straight if I actually straighten it with an iron. I really like the way it just looked like a continuation of my grown-out highlights.

Unfortunately, my friend AJ was not able to do her hair due to an unfortunate chemical burn as a result of trying to be “professional” and not using gloves… but I still love her!
 
I really hope this post is useful to anyone planning on doing ombre on their own! It will save you a lot of money as opposed to going to a salon and paying $$$ for something this simple!

1 comment:

  1. Lol! Never ever again! hahaha! I love it!!! I want to see it straight too :)

    ReplyDelete